Belfast Telegraph

Fumes theory after man found dead

A man found dead in a shed outside a takeaway restaurant in Co Fermanagh may have been overcome by fumes from a generator.

He was discovered in the outbuilding behind the restaurant on Irvinestown's Main Street at around 2.30pm. It is believed the man, understood to be a foreign national, may have been dead for some time.

Police said a cause of death has not been established but officers are examining whether fumes from the generator, which is not at this stage believed to be faulty, may have been a factor.

The incident comes weeks after a couple from Irvinestown died after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in their own home.

Well-known estate agent Killian Scallon was found dead in his house on Kesh Road while his wife Pauline died in hospital six days later.

A blocked chimney flue is understood to be the focus of the investigation into their deaths.


From Belfast Telegraph