Invaluable phone numbers for those in distress
If your mental or emotional state quickly gets worse, or you're in crisis or despair, it's important to get help quickly. You're not alone; talk to someone you trust. Sharing a problem is sometimes the first step to recovery.
If you or someone you know is in distress or despair, you can contact the following helplines:
- Lifeline (24/7): 0808 808 8000
- Samaritans Belfast (24/7): 116123
- Lighthouse: 028 9075 5070
Provides accessible support services to people who are directly affected by suicide and self-harm.
- Bridge of Hope: 028 9543 8707
Offers a range of services to support experiencing stress, trauma and anxiety.
- The GP out of hours service provides care for urgent problems when your own doctors' surgery is closed.
South and east Belfast: 028 9079 6220
North and west Belfast: 028 9074 4447
- PIPS Belfast: 028 9080 5850 Offers a 'no appointment' service for anyone in crisis.