Belfast Telegraph

Lithuanian trio guilty of charges linked to Gediminas Stauskas death in Tyrone

By John Cassidy

Three Lithuanian men have pleaded guilty to a series of charges linked to the brutal killing of a fellow national in a Coalisland garage over two years ago.

Victim Gediminas Stauskas (32) was found dead in a lock-up at property on Moor Road near Clonoe in Co Tyrone in October 2015.

Three men with Dungannon addresses - Marius Dzimisevicious (29), of Cabhan Aluinn, Pomeroy; Dmitrijus Indrisiunas, (44), of The Shanoch, Coalisland; and Darius Sikorskas (36), of Lambfield House, Lurganboy - were due to go on trial on Monday alongside Eimantas Lumsys (30), of Hollow Mills Avenue, Newmills, Tyrone at Dungannon Crown Court denying all the charges.

However, on Tuesday, Sikorskas, who had pleaded not guilty to murdering Mr Stauskas, was formally re-arraigned and pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Mr Stauskas. His plea was accepted by the prosecution.

He further admitted to causing him grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to cause his victim fear of violence.

Dzimisevicious was also re-arraigned on Tuesday and denied assisting offenders by helping to remove "another person" he knew to be involved in the manslaughter from the scene on October 14, 2015.

However, he pleaded guilty to failing to provide information that could lead to the arrest of that person to police the following day.

At the same court yesterday, a jury was sworn in to hear the case of the two remaining defendants.

Prosecution counsel David McDowell QC then told Madam Justice McBride that "the Crown was not offering any evidence'' on the charge Lumsys faced of withholding information.

Madam Justice McBride told the jury: "I now formally direct you to return a not guilty verdict.''

The judge told Lumsys he was free to go.

Later, Indrisiunas was re-arraigned on the count of withholding information, and pleaded guilty.

After a jury was sworn in for Indrisiunas' remaining charge of assisting offenders, Mr McDowell told the court he was "offering no evidence". Madam Justice McBride ordered the jury to find Indrisiunas not guilty by direction.

The judge ordered pre-sentence reports on all three defendants and listed a plea and sentence hearing for May 25 at Dungannon courthouse. The judge released Indrisiunas on continuing bail until sentencing.

Belfast Telegraph

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.


From Belfast Telegraph