Man attacked after Co Antrim wedding recovering well
The PSNI has yet to make any arrests in the investigation into a brutal attack which saw Ballymena father-of-two Andrew Barr "left for dead" outside the Leighinmohr House Hotel 10 days ago.
Mr Barr (32) lay badly injured for around four hours before being found in the grounds of the Co Antrim hotel, after attending a friend's wedding.
The fitness instructor was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Friday, September 8, having suffered punctured lungs and brain haemorrhaging.
His sister Victoria Smith, who called for the perpetrators to be brought to justice in a heartfelt TV appeal alongside her mum Amanda last week, said Mr Barr has now been moved to the Regional Acquired Brain Injury Unit (RABIU) at Musgrave Park Hospital, where he was "doing remarkably well".
In a social media update, Ms Smith revealed: "Just to let u know Andrew has been moved to the brain injury unit and is doing remarkably well and exceeding all expectations in his recovery. We r still on a journey but would like to thank you all for your messages, prayers and good vibes which we have passed on to him and for which he is extremely grateful. Will keep u updated and thanks again for all the kindness and compassion you have shown."
A PSNI spokesperson said the investigation is "still ongoing" and that the appeal issued after the attack is "still active". Anyone with information is asked to ring 101.