Belfast Telegraph

Man in his 50s dies after house fire in Magherafelt

A man has died following a house fire in Magherafelt.

The blaze broke out at a property on Highfield Road on Sunday afternoon.

A spokesman for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said it was notified by the PSNI at 3.34pm on Sunday about the blaze.

He added: "A small fire in the living room of the semi-detached bungalow had already burnt itself out prior to the arrival of the emergency services. Tragically, a man in his fifties had died.

“NIFRS Fire Investigation Officers attended the incident. No firefighting action was required.

“The cause of the fire has been confirmed as accidental.”

felt house fire 1.jpg
The blaze broke out at the property on Highfield Road. The victim was in his 50s but his name has not yet been released. PACEMAKER BELFAST 26/2/2018

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.


From Belfast Telegraph