Meat spiked with tablets discovered in gardens with pets
Two community groups in Co Armagh have expressed anger after raw meat laced with tablets was discovered in the gardens of properties that contain pets.
Residents in Craigavon and Lurgan posted photos on social media of raw beef and chicken which they had found.
One discovery was made by a resident in the Glenavon Crescent area of Lurgan on Tuesday morning.
Posting the image online, a member of the Mourneview and Grey Estate Community Association said: "Folks please be careful with your pets.
"This piece of meat was found in the Mourneview area this morning.
"You can clearly see tablets in the meat.
"This is shocking and disgusting.
"Thank you to the resident who spotted this."
Meanwhile, a similar incident was reported in the Meadowbrook area of Craigavon on Monday morning.
The community association in Craigavon said: "As you can imagine the resident was very angry and wants to warn other residents here and in the neighbouring areas.
"These pieces of raw chicken were threw into two gardens which have dogs.
"There's so many theories for this but one that has spooked us would be poison.
"Please folks be vigilant and before letting your pets out check your gardens for anything that can be consumed by your pets."
DUP MLA for Upper Bann Carla Lockhart has also condemned those responsible.
She said: "This is totally scandalous behaviour which has been going on for a number of days and could have resulted in the poisoning of a family pet.
"It is highly irresponsible for this to be happening in an area where children are living.
"I have reported this to environmental health and to the PSNI."
Police have said they are aware of the incidents and enquiries are ongoing.