More tests on body of Ryan Busa (10) feared mauled to death by pet dog
Further forensic tests are to be carried out on a young boy who died suddenly following an incident at his home in Northern Ireland.
It's believed 10-year-old Ryan Busa was attacked by the family dog at his home in Glengormley, Co Antrim, on Sunday afternoon.
A post-mortem took place yesterday, however more tests are to be carried out.
Police investigating the death believe the child may have been mauled to death by the family's German Shepherd.
Floral tributes to the young boy have been left outside his home in Queen's Park, where the family moved a year ago.
Forensic officers continued their investigation yesterday as the local community struggled to come to terms with the shocking death.
Emergency services were called to the property at around noon on Sunday, where they found Ryan covered in blood with lacerations to his face.
The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said it treated a young boy at the scene.
He was rushed to the Royal Victoria Hospital. However, he died a short time later.
The Lithuanian family-of-three - a father and two young sons - had lived in the terraced property for around a year.
Ryan was a pupil at Ashgrove Primary School.
His younger brother, who is seven years old, attends Hillcroft School.
SDLP councillor Noreen McClelland described the sense of shock in the area.
"No one can believe that something so tragic can happen in their street. It's a frightening situation for any family," she said.
A 38-year-old man remained in police custody last night helping officers with their enquiries into the incident.
The PSNI appealed for anyone who may be able to assist detectives to contact police on the non-emergency number.
"A post-mortem examination was carried out on Monday and further forensic tests are due," a spokeswoman said.
"While this process is ongoing it would be inappropriate to elaborate further.
"Detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death.
"The PSNI would appeal to anyone who believes they can assist, to get in touch by calling 101."