North West 200: Traffic and travel arrangements
The PSNI has issued some travel advice ahead of this weeks International North West 200 in Co Londonderry and Co Antrim.
Practice sessions and races will take place from Tuesday to Saturday at the Triangle Circuit, with runs through Portstewart, Coleraine and Portrush.
Closures will be in place from the following times:
- Tuesday, May 14th between 9.15am and 3pm and a contingency from 5pm to 9pm
- Thursday, May 16th between 9.15am and 3pm and a further road closure to facilitate racing from 5pm to 9pm
- Saturday, May 18th the circuit roads will close from 9.15am to 7pm and a contingency from 7pm to 9pm
Motorists attending the practice sessions and race events are urged to arrive in good time and to make full use of official car parks
Those wishing to attend should not park where your vehicle will cause an obstruction to public or private entrances, and in particular, to designated ambulance routes that are signposted and which must be kept clear at all times.
Motorists should expect delays on all roads leading to and from the circuit and should make appropriate allowances in order to complete their journey safely.
The following roads are part of the course and will be closed during practice sessions and races:
- Route B185 (Station Road - Cromore Road), from its junction with Portrush Road, Portstewart, Route A2, to its junction with University Park, Coleraine.
- Route A29, Ring Road Coleraine, from its junction with Cromore Road, Route B185, to its junction with Bushmills Road Roundabout, Route A29.
- Route A29 (Atlantic Road – Coleraine Road – Eglinton Street), from its junction with Burn Road, Coleraine, Unclassified No.3526, to its junction with Sandhill Drive, Portrush, Unclassified No.3543.
- Route A2 (Portstewart Road – Dhu Varren – Ballyreagh Road – Portrush Road – Portmore Road) from its junction with Coleraine Road, Portrush, Route A29, to its junction with Atlantic Circle, Portstewart, Unclassified No.3534.
- Unclassified No.3303 Glenmanus Road, Portrush, from its junction with Glenvale Crescent, Unclassified No.3545, for a distance of 100 metres in a southerly direction.
- Route A2 Crocknamack Road, Portrush, from its junction with Eglinton Street, Unclassified No.3543, to its junction with Hopefield Avenue, Unclassified No.3304.
Belfast Telegraph Digital