Belfast Telegraph

Paw Patrol soap which exploded in Northern Ireland child's bath pulled from shops - boy stable

By Claire Williamson

A Paw Patrol soap product which exploded in the bath putting a three-year-old from Northern Ireland into hospital has been withdrawn.

The boy is in the Royal Victoria Hospital after being transferred from Altnagelvin Hospital, in Londonderry. His distressed aunt shared details of the incident in a bid to warn others.

She said: “Our nephew was in the bath tonight (Wednesday) with this Paw Patrol Foam Soap and it exploded.

“He’s been rushed to the hospital and has to go to the Royal. Please, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, he’s only three.”

The little boy was in a "critical condition" last week.

However on a Monday the Belfast Trust confirmed he was now "stable".

Former SDLP MLA Pat Ramsey said he had been speaking to the family, who are “distraught”.

Mr Ramsey said: “It’s a horrible time for them.”

A spokesperson for broadcaster Nickelodeon said: “We are terribly sorry to hear about this dreadful incident and we are gathering more information about the product involved.”

A spokesman for Kokomo, which is responsible for producing the product, confirmed to the Belfast Telegraph on Friday night that they have advised retailers to withdraw the product.

“Our thoughts are with this little boy and his family. As a precautionary measure, we have suggested to our retailers they withdraw this product from sale while we co-operate with the Trading Standards investigation.”

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph