Belfast Telegraph

Pictured: 60 homes evacuated following explosion in north Belfast

Fire Service crews on Wednesday evening responded to an incident in north Belfast that has caused residents to be evacuated from their homes.

Crews responded to reports of a gas-based explosion in Farringdon Gardens in the Ardoyne area at around 7pm.

Around 60 homes were evacuated as a safety precaution.

They have since been allowed to return to their homes.

Writing on Twitter SDLP councillor Paul McCusker said that the Ardoyne Community Centre had opened to help families evacuated from their homes.

He also said electricity and gas had been cut off from the effected houses to allow crews to carry out the emergency effort.

It is understood that no one was hurt in the incident and the families have since returned to their homes.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph