A family have been left "saddened" after their home was gutted in an arson attack in Co Tyrone.
The bungalow, outside Castlecaulfield, was targeted in the early hours of yesterday.
The family had moved out of their home a few weeks ago and are living in rented accommodation.
Fermanagh and South Tyrone UUP MLA Rosemary Barton said: "Members of my staff visited the scene and expressed our sympathies with the family, who had recently moved from the property and hoped to put the bungalow up for sale in the near future.
"Fortunately, no one was in the bungalow at the time, but the property is completely destroyed as a result of the fire.
"The PSNI and Fire Service are carrying out a forensic examination of the property to establish the cause of the fire and appealing for any information which could assist with the investigation.
"The family previously lived at this bungalow for 16 years and are highly regarded in the local community."
Residents in the area say the family have been left "saddened" by what had happened.
Police are now appealing for information over the arson attack at Parkanaur Road.
The PSNI said: "A report of a fire at the house was received by police at around 12.30am on Thursday morning.
"The house, which has been completely destroyed as a result of the fire, was unoccupied at the time. While our enquiries are at an early stage, we do believe at this time that the fire was started deliberately. I would therefore appeal to anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the Parkanaur Road area at the time of the incident or who has any information which could assist us to contact police in Dungannon on 101. Alternatively, information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."