Principal targeted by death threats now hit by spate of harassing phone calls
A principal who remains out of a school more than a year after receiving a death threat has reported a spate of threatening phone calls to police.
Annabel Scott received a death threat in August 2012, after problems were raised at the then-troubled Crumlin Integrated College.
Ms Scott has not returned as head of Crumlin Integrated College since receiving the threat in August 2012.
It followed years of unrest at the school, after a 2010 inspection evaluated the quality of provision at the college as unsatisfactory.
The school entered the Department of Education's formal intervention process in February 2010, but a follow-up inspection in November 2011 rated the school as inadequate.
In June 2012 parents staged a protest against the return of principal Annabel Scott.
Two months later she received a death threat.
Ms Scott was advised to stay away from the school while the police investigated the emailed death threat.
While there had been opposition at the time to her return, a parents' group said it did not support the threat.
In May, however, the troubled school turned the corner after the Education and Training Inspectorate (ETI) found provision at the school to be satisfactory.
But problems for Ms Scott continue. While her suspension has now ended, she believes she is unable to return to the school.
Ms Scott is said to be seriously worried for her safety after receiving three threatening phone calls over the last week.
She has reported the matter to police, who are understood to be investigating.
Another school principal has also received an identical threatening phone call, this newspaper understands.
The Co Down principal, who knows Ms Scott, has also been battling to clear her name for three years, after problems were identified at her former school during an inspection.
The woman and Ms Scott were both deemed "unsatisfactory" by the inspection process.
The Co Down principal, who declined to be identified, received a threatening phone call said to be of an identical nature to those received by Ms Scott on Sunday.
Ms Scott is understood to have been very upset at the phone calls and police have called her twice to take statements.
She is thought to have received three threatening phone calls while the other principal received a single call two days ago.
The content of all the phone calls is said to be the same with a female voice saying "goodbye" in a threatening manner.