Six taken to hospital after Belfast pub evacuation
Six people were taken to hospital after the evacuation of a Belfast pub after staff were overcome by fumes.
It happened at around 7pm on Tuesday at the Morning Star on Pottinger's Entry in the city centre.
The bar said all those affected received treatment as a precaution only and there were no major issues.
It apologised to those customers who had to leave during the incident.
Emergency services - including fire and ambulances - were sent to the scene after the staff reported feeling unwell.
The ambulance service said its hazardous area response team, supported by three accident and emergency crews, one patient service crew and one voluntary ambulance service crew.
It said nine people were treated at the scene with six taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital for monitoring.
The Fire Service said it was likely the fumes came from the mixing of cleaning materials in a bid to clear a blocked sink.
In a statement the Fire Service said: "Employees within the premises had reported feeling unwell due to breathing in fumes. The NIFRS proceeded to evacuate the premises and entered wearing breathing apparatus to ventilate the building and take a reading on a gas monitor.
"It was determined that the fumes may have resulted from the mixing of cleaning chemicals to clear a blocked sink in the kitchen area of the property, no gas was detected."
The Morning Star said it would be business as usual on Wednesday. It thanked all those who had sent messages of concern.
Thanks for all the messages of concern. Those affected were treated as a precaution and happy to say no major issues....Posted by The Morning Star on Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Belfast Telegraph Digital