The campaigner behind the legal action over the latest delay to a victims' pension said she was left with no option other than to take the Stormont Executive to the courts.
Jennifer McNern sustained horrific injuries in the 1972 IRA Abercorn restaurant bomb in Belfast city centre when she was just 21 years old.
Her sister Rosaleen also lost her legs, and her right arm, in the explosion which claimed the lives of friends Anne Owens (22) and Janet Bereen (21) and injured over 130 people.
The Victims' Payment Scheme had been due to open for applications on May 29.
But a row over the definition of a victim meant that didn't happen, and structures passed into law at Westminster in January to administer the scheme are not yet in place.
"I've been campaigning on this for over 10 years now and thought it was all coming to an end," she told the Belfast Telegraph.
"This action is on behalf of all the people injured through no fault of their own. Many suffered horrendous injuries and are still going through operations and treatment today, decades later.
"When we heard the pension was passed through Westminster we thought that was it, we could breathe again. We thought the campaigning was over."
Leave to apply for a judicial review will be submitted in Belfast High Court by solicitors representing Ms McNern today.
The action will focus on the Executive's "failure to comply with legislation to provide payments for those severely injured through no fault of their own during the Troubles". Ms McNern said: "We were looking forward to May 29 and we were all left shocked when we heard it wasn't going to happen just a week ahead of that date.
"We've been frustrated for so many years and when I heard about the latest delay I felt there was no other option open other than to go to the courts.
"It's not somewhere I ever expected or wanted to be, but I'm taking this action for all the innocent victims out there who have been left frustrated, dismayed and hurt by delay after delay.
"We have fought for so, so long and I'm left feeling this has been snatched away from us all at the last second. That's just the latest cruelty we have suffered over all these years.
"It was time to take a stand and say enough is enough. We want answers as to why this is again being delayed.
"It's the least we all deserve. We can't put up with another 10 years of this.
"It's outrageous that we're being denied again.
"A lot of the people involved are elderly now. They had to give up their jobs due to their injuries and were not able to build up a pension of their own through work. Lives were destroyed through no fault of their own. These delays are heaping trauma upon trauma and it has to stop.
"A lot of victims will have been left feeling isolated. Many have given up hope. This action is for them.
"We need to know the reason why were are again being denied. This is about recognition for those years of trauma, an acknowledgement for suffering."
Sinn Fein opposes the draft eligibility criteria for the scheme, which narrows the definition of victims to exclude those injured at their own hand or sentenced to more than two-and-a-half years in prison.
The party is refusing to allow a Stormont department to handle the scheme which would begin the process of the fund being administered. It blames the government for the delay and says its criteria is flawed and discriminates against ex-prisoners.
There has also been a stand-off between Belfast and London over who pays the estimated £100m cost of the scheme which would mean payments of £2,000-£10,000 a year for victims.