A Co Antrim chocolate lover has tasted success by creating her own Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar flavour, which is available to buy on supermarket shelves.
Gillian Clugston from Rathcoole in Newtownabbey is one of three finalists chosen by the famous confectionery brand, and is now in the running to have her Cadbury's 'Inventor' creation become a permanent fixture in the company's product line.
Her 'Coconutty' bar boasts the classic, much-loved Dairy Milk chocolate with coconut crumble pieces and white chocolate-coated cereal 'pearls', and is currently available to buy in Tesco.
In a personal touch, the bar displays Gillian's signature along with a tiny image of a football, her favourite sport, which can be found under the seam of the wrapper.
The mum-of-two told the Belfast Telegraph that she was "over the Moon" to see her bar on Tesco shelves, and revealed that it was her son Ryan (10) and nine-year-old daughter Katie who provided the inspiration for her recipe.
"My kids love coconut and white chocolate and my wee girl has Rice Krispies every day for breakfast. And I just thought Cadbury's don't really have a bar that has coconut in it," she explained.
It was also a case of second time lucky for the BT telecoms employee. She previously entered her recipe idea, but was not selected.
"The first time I had entered the same bar and never heard anything, until I got an email to say I hadn't been chosen. But I thought I'm going to enter that again. So probably last August I picked the three same flavours," she recalled.
"Then last September or October I got an email from Cadbury's to say that I was down to the final 500. I just thought: 'Is this a joke?'"
The 36-year-old said she was shocked and delighted to then learn she had been selected as one of the three finalists who would travel to England to pay a visit to Cadbury's headquarters in Bournville and witness their recipes being made into chocolate bars.
"I just couldn't believe it. The smell of chocolate when you get in there... it just hits you. It's amazing! I met the team and the other finalists. I had a brilliant wee day," she said.
Going up against Gillian's Coconutty is 'Out of the Blueberry', which has blueberry flavoured nuggets and white chocolate-coated cereal balls, and 'Crunchy Honeycomb', a mix of milk chocolate and caramel flavoured fudge cubes, chopped hazelnuts and honeycomb pieces.
Gillian said she loved popping into the supermarket to see the bar on sale for the first time. "It's very exciting. Already I've had loads of people tagging me on Facebook, saying that they can't wait to try the bar, or they've already tried and loved it," she added.
"Having tried it, I recommend taking a couple of bites, that way you get the full impact of the coconut."
The chocolate bars are exclusive to buy in Tesco until July 22, when they go on sale at other retailers. At that stage, added Gillian, three mystery celebrities will champion each of the flavours online. "I did get a buzz seeing it on the display," she said.
"The kids are over the Moon, saying: 'Are you famous now, mummy? And I say: 'I wouldn't go that far, but everyone knows my signature now'."
The overall winner will be decided by a public vote at www.cadburyinventor.com, which accounts for 75% of the vote, with the remaining 25% split between other online polls and sales.
The winning bar will be on shelves as a permanent product at the start of 2021.