Time magazine lists eight reasons to visit Belfast
The latest edition of world-renowned Time magazine has featured a double-page spread devoted to the top eight reasons to visit Belfast.
The travel section of the iconic magazine regularly features the top reasons to visit places such as Monaco or Curacao.
But as Belfast develops into a major international destination oozing with history and culture, the Time magazine blessing, which will be read by millions around the world, will come as a major boost for the city in what is set to be a busy summer in terms of tourism.
The feature comes as Belfast prepares itself for the Titanic centenary next month and serves as a massive endorsement of a city that is now able to rival Europe's finest destinations.
According to the article, the eight best reasons to visit include:
- Stormont Estate and its surrounding gardens
- The Cathedral Quarter with its art galleries, bars and eateries
- The political tours that strive to make sense of our complex political past
- The Titanic Quarter, including the landmark Titanic building
- Our famous political and cultural murals
- Taking the Causeway Coastal route from the city to the Unesco-listed Giant’s Causeway
- The Queen's Quarter with the Queen's Film Festival and nearby Botanic Gardens and
- Victoria Square — a modern shopping mecca in the city centre.