Today's the day to capture a classic image in Belfast Telegraph's One Summer's Day competition
It’s time to forget about the rain, don those wellies and raincoats and get snapping, because today is the Belfast Telegraph’s One Summer’s Day competition.
The weather may not be idyllic, but you can still make the most |of it.
Don’t miss the opportunity to capture your kids splashing in puddles, your dog shaking the rain off its coat, misty countryside scenes and big ocean waves.
Rain drops on the window, or that beautiful rainbow when (hopefully) the sun breaks through the clouds.
And if you take the best photograph to represent what you love about Northern Ireland, you could win a five-star family break courtesy of the NI Tourist Board.
The One Summer’s Day competition aims to capture how Northern Ireland looked and what people were doing on one day in the summer — the end result should be a photographic time capsule.
And anything goes — it doesn’t matter what type of camera you have, or what you take a photograph of, as long as it means something to you.
It can be your favourite place, your quiet retreat, beautiful scenery, a busy street or family, friends or pets.
Places, buildings, wildlife or action shots, the choice is yours as long as it represents something special to the person who takes it.
The competition is open to all ages. The only requirement is that the photograph is taken in Northern Ireland today — Saturday, June 18.
One winner will be chosen from each category — primary school, secondary school, or adult — and each will win a five-star family break.
The top 100 photographs will feature in a special supplement in September.
How to enter
- All entries must be taken in Northern Ireland today — Saturday June 18.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note explaining what it is and why you think it’s special.
- Don’t forget to include your name, address, age and what category you wish to be entere - primary school, secondary, school or adult.
- The closing date is June 30.
- Winners will be announced in September, and the top 100 photographs will appear in a special supplement.