Belfast Telegraph

Ulster teens die in suspected carbon monoxide tragedy

Health and safety experts were called in today after two teenage boys were found dead at a holiday apartment in Northern Ireland.

The pair are believed to have been poisoned by leaking carbon monoxide fumes.

A third boy was resuscitated by paramedics.

The three were found at the property close to the beach in the north coast seaside town of Castlerock, Co Londonderry, where they had been on holiday.

Police, fire and ambulance crews were alerted after one of the boys spoke to a relative on the phone.

All three teenagers are believed to come from the Newtownabbey area on the outskirts of north Belfast.

It is understood they were awaiting their A-level results, which are due out later this month.

The boy who survived last night's tragedy is in a stable condition at the Causeway Hospital in Coleraine. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph