Firefighters saved a terrified pensioner and her pet dog from a fire at her west Belfast home yesterday.
The fire broke out at a house in Glengoland Gardens.
The property was partially destroyed by the blaze.
A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) spokeswoman said: "Firefighters rescued an elderly lady and her dog from a house fire this afternoon in Glengoland Gardens, Belfast.
"Three fire appliances attended the fire. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued the lady.
"She was then taken to hospital by ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation.
"Neighbours alerted the NIFRS to the fire. Parts of the house, including the conservatory, have been destroyed in the fire," the spokeswoman said.
It's understood that the fire started accidentally.