| 12.9°C Belfast

Wheelie bin horror: Look of innocence can't conceal a terrible past

Paula Wilson

They were two heinous crimes of violence and one young woman was the link. Looking at this physically slight 21-year-old, it is difficult to believe her involvement in the scalping of a young woman and an attack on a man whose beaten and naked body was found dumped in a taped-up wheelie bin.

Ballymena woman Paula Wilson has shown no remorse for the trauma inflicted on her two victims - one who fled the town too terrified to report her attack, while the other has been psychologically traumatised .

During what a judge described as "one of the most horrific cases" he had heard, Wilson stood laughing as her first victim, a vulnerable young woman, had her head shaved by a gang.

The young woman was attacked at a flat in Ballymena in May last year as she lay on the ground, partially-clothed and helpless.

Her attack was only discovered by police after Wilson's mobile phone was seized by detectives investigating the attack on her second victim.

In footage found on her mobile phone Wilson can be heard laughing as three men dry-shaved the woman's "dark, long hair" with bic razors and slap her across the head. The woman was unconscious throughout the attack, only to awaken partially clothed, with her hair almost all removed and her faced scrawled over with ink.

Four months later, during a drink and drug-fuelled party in the Dunclug Park area of Ballymena, Wilson was once again involved in a horrific crime that has left a young man still suffering from nightmares.

She helped her then boyfriend and another man imprison 21 year-old Adam Robinson who was badly beaten before his naked body was dumped in a wheelie bin. Mr Robinson was only found by chance, when a dog sniffed out the bin, sealed with parcel tape, in dense undergrowth at Ballymena's Five Mile Park, Sentry Hill.

The pet's barking alerted the owner who then rang the emergency services.

According to police, Mr Robinson looked like he had been tortured and he suffered lacerations to his back, torso and limbs.

Wilson, who is currently on court bail awaiting sentencing for both attacks, was forced to move home following threats from loyalist paramilitaries.

Belfast Telegraph