Window cleaner dies after falling from ladder in Co Tyrone: Health and Safety Executive investigating
A window cleaner has died after falling from his ladder in Co Tyrone.
The Health and Safety Executive has said it is now investigating after a man in his early 50s fell from a ladder as he worked on a house in Dromore.
He has been named locally as Patrick Garrity. It's understood he was single and had three brothers.
Councillor Ann Quinn - who knew Mr Garrity well - said he was "one of life's true gentlemen".
"He was a lovely man. You'd meet him and he would always have a big hello for you."
In a statement the Health and Safety Executive said:
"HSENI has been made aware of the incident and is currently investigating.
"Our thoughts are with the family at this most difficult time."
Councillor Glenn Campbell said the death had come as a "complete shock" to the area.
"He was well-known in the area, and I know his family," he said.
"I would offer my condolences to the family - it's a huge shock."
It's understood police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Belfast Telegraph Digital