A father-of-two who died from alcohol poisoning consumed up to 10 shots in one glass after downing pints of Guinnness, a court heard.
Graham Parish consumed his final drink — “a cocktail of mixed spirits” — just over fours after he started drinking.
The court heard vodka, gin, Baileys, brandy and possibly a Jagermeister were in the glass, with a till receipt showing eight shots of spirits costing €30 (£27) were bought at 10.40pm.
Within minutes, Mr Parish (26) had slumped off his bar stool and was carried to a conference room by friends — where his dead body was found by a night porter shortly after 6am.
Two bar workers have been charged with the manslaughter of Mr Parish at Hayes Hotel, Thurles, Co Tipperary, on July 1, 2008.
Hayes Hotel bar manager Gary Wright (34) and Aidan Dalton (28) — both from Co Tipperary — have pleaded not guilty at Nenagh Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr Parish, from Lancashire, England, died after spending the night of his 26th birthday drinking Guinness and spirits in the bar of the hotel where he was a guest.
Pathologist Dr Stephen Finn conducted a post-mortem examination on Mr Parish after his death. He said death was caused by acute alcohol intoxication.
He said the victim's alcohol/ blood count was 375mgs per 100ml of blood.
This was above the average alcohol/blood level in a study of 175 people who had died from acute alcohol intoxication, which was 355mgs, Judge Tom Teehan heard.
Dalton denies putting vodka into the victim's pints during the night.
The trial continues today.