Boy, 15, is found safe
A 15-year-old boy has been found safe and well after his disappearance in Ireland was initially feared to be an abduction.
Sait Canbullu, 15, was found in Ballymote, Co Sligo, this evening after getting into a car with two men 178 miles away in Wexford town on Saturday afternoon.
It was initially reported that he had been bundled into the back of a car by two masked men.
After a near 24-hour alert the Garda press office said that following extensive inquiries detectives were satisfied that the teenager had not been abducted and that he had not been forced into the car.
The original child rescue alert was cancelled at lunchtime today and the teenager was found several hours later.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the media and members of the public for their assistance in this matter," a Garda spokesman said.
Ireland's child rescue alert is issued nationwide through the media and transport and police networks on the basis that there is an i mmediate and serious risk to the health and welfare of a child.
It is understood the criteria was no longer met after witnesses were re-interviewed.