Belfast Telegraph

Little boy trapped in lift dies

A three-year-old boy has died after becoming trapped in a lift.

Gardai were called to the scene at the Hynes Building on St Augustine's Street in Galway city centre at about 3pm after the child became stuck.

It is understood no one else was trapped with the youngster.

The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has been notified of the boy's death and will investigate.

Gardai said the child died at the scene.

Fire crews and ambulance and paramedic staff were called to the scene. It is not clear how long the boy was in the lift.

The Hynes Building has been closed to allow for full investigations involving the HSA and gardai.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph