Belfast Telegraph

Man dies after Co Galway house fire

A 45-year-old man has died in a house fire, gardai said.

A 71-year-old woman who was also in the house at Gilnockie, Lenarevagh, Barna, Co Galway, at the time has been taken to hospital.

She is being treated at University Hospital Galway for smoke inhalation.

Gardai at Salthill said they are investigating the blaze which was discovered at around 2am on Saturday morning.

There were only two people in the house at the time.


From Belfast Telegraph