| 11.1°C Belfast

Man in hospital after explosion

Close

Garda said an explosion at a house in Co Donegal, which left a man suffering burn injuries, was due to a suspected gas applicance

Garda said an explosion at a house in Co Donegal, which left a man suffering burn injuries, was due to a suspected gas applicance

Garda said an explosion at a house in Co Donegal, which left a man suffering burn injuries, was due to a suspected gas applicance

A 68-year-old man is recovering in hospital after an explosion at his rural house.

Emergency services were called to the scene in the Cloonbara area of Falcarragh, Co Donegal, at about 10pm on Sunday.

The pensioner was rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital and later transferred to St James's Hospital in Dublin, which treats burns patients.

His injuries are not life-threatening.

The house, which was was extensively damaged, remains sealed off for a technical examination.

Garda said the cause of the explosion was a suspected gas appliance and it is not thought to be suspicious.

A spokeswoman for Bord Gais confirmed there was no natural gas in Co Donegal.

PA


Top Videos



Privacy