Belfast Telegraph

Northern Ireland woman spared jail for unprovoked attack at Take That concert

Tracey Robinson outside court
Tracey Robinson outside court

By Tom Tuite

A woman has been spared jail for an unprovoked attack on a mother and daughter during a Take That concert in Dublin.

Tracey Robinson (33) from Beechfield Drive, Donaghadee, Co Down, pleaded guilty at Dublin District Court to two counts of common assault and two public order charges in connection with the incident in the 3Arena on April 29 last. She had been intoxicated and irate, and following arrest she was held at a city centre Garda station.

At her court appearance the following day, she pleaded guilty and was released on bail.

Garda Seamus Donoghue told the court the accused had been at the gig when she struck the woman, who was in her 50s, from behind and over her head with a half-full plastic bottle.

The victim's adult daughter turned around to see what happened and had her hair pulled by Robinson, the court was told. Robinson, who had no prior convictions, was found suitable for inclusion in a restorative justice programme and returned to the court yesterday when a report was furnished to the court.

She came with €930 in compensation for the victims.

The mother was to receive €500 plus €90, the cost of her concert ticket, while her daughter was to get €250 and the price of her ticket.

Judge Smyth noted a reference in the report to charitable donation and that Robinson had complied with the restorative justice scheme.

Gda Donoghue said the victims did not want to give an impact statement.

Counsel pleaded with the judge to note his client had travelled back from Northern Ireland for the case and brought compensation.

Judge Smyth said in the circumstances he was applying the Probation of Offenders Act.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph