Britons urged to ‘take care’ in Marseille after women killed at station
French police have video footage of the attack which took place at Saint Charles station on Sunday.
British nationals in Marseille are being urged to take care after a knifeman killed two women at the city’s main railway station.
The man who was later shot dead by soldiers shouted “Allahu akbar”, according to witnesses cited by France’s Minister of the Interior.
PM – Condolences to the people of France and Canada after the latest appalling attacks. (1/2)— UK Prime Minister (@Number10gov) October 1, 2017
Gerard Collomb, who said authorities do not know if it was a terrorist incident, said police have video of the attack which took place at Saint Charles station on Sunday, the Associated Press reported.
He said it showed a man attacking one woman, running away, and then coming back and attacking a second woman.
PM – We stand by your side against those who seek to destroy our way of life. (2/2)— UK Prime Minister (@Number10gov) October 1, 2017
In a statement, the Foreign Office said: “Following an incident at Marseille St Charles train station we are advising British nationals in the vicinity to take care and follow the advice of the local security authorities.”
The attacker was shot dead by soldiers who had been patrolling inside the station, according to AP.