Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Club evacuated over gas fears

Hazardous substance specialists were sent to Lulu in George Street, Edinburgh, over reports that a gas had been released.

Five fire engines were sent to the scene in George Street, Edinburgh (Jane Barlow/PA)
Five fire engines were sent to the scene in George Street, Edinburgh (Jane Barlow/PA)

Firefighters were called to a nightclub in Edinburgh over gas fears.

Revellers at Lulu in George Street had been evacuated by the time the crews arrived at 1.30am on Monday.

A total of five fire engines, equipped to deal with hazardous materials, were sent to the scene after reports that a gas has been released in the premises.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said that, on arrival, crews made sure the scene was safe, remaining on site until 3.07am.

No hazardous substances were found and the suspected gas is thought to have been a body spray.

No-one was injured in the incident.

Press Association

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph