Cunard cruise ship worker admits abusing boys
A former Cunard cruise ship worker has admitted carrying out sex attacks on 13 boys while working as a supervisor for a children's activity area.
Paul Trotter (34) pleaded guilty to a string of sexual assaults and taking, making and possessing indecent images of children, most of whom were under the age of 13 at the time.
The supervisor made films of himself abusing the children in his care on board three cruise ships, operated by Cunard. He also possessed other indecent images of children he had obtained online.
In a statement Cunard, part of the Carnival Corporation group and owners of the Costa Concordia which ran aground earlier this year, said it was “deeply shocked” by Trotter's “appalling crimes”.
Judge Douglas Field told Trotter he would be held in custody to return before the same court on May 11 for sentencing.
He also ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register.