Female officer takes over hunt for Madeleine McCann
A new detective will take over the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann tomorrow.
Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall is replacing Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is retiring. Mr Redwood has led Operation Grange since it was launched in 2011, while Ms Wall was with the homicide and major crime command, the Metropolitan Police said.
Scotland Yard said a handover was taking place earlier this month and Kate and Gerry McCann, Madeleine's parents, had been informed of the change.
Ms Wall travelled with Operation Grange detectives to Portugal during December to carry out further inquiries, and also met Portuguese officials.
British officers spent eight days searching three areas of land in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz in June, close to where Madeleine disappeared more than seven years ago, but found no new evidence.
Madeleine, then aged three, disappeared from her holiday apartment on May 3 2007 as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.