First picture of Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi - three arrested over attack
This is the first photo of Manchester Arena suicide bomber Salman Abedi.
As victims of the attack fight for their lives in hospitals across the city, reports suggest that Abedi travelled to Syria and had "proven" links with Islamic State. Police have confirmed that three people have been arrested in connection the atrocity.
France's interior minister Gerard Collomb told French television that both British and French intelligence services had information that Abedi had been in Syria. The disclosure came as Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed the UK security services had been aware of the British-born 22-year-old.
Read More: Bomber was not acting alone says Amber Rudd
"We do know that he was known up to a point to the intelligence services," she told Sky News.
"I am sure that we will get more information about him over the next few days and the next few weeks."
Missing Stockport man Martyn Hett has become the fifth victim of the attack. The 29-year-old's family had been appealing for information about their son who had been missing since the Ariana Grande concert on Monday night which ended in tragedy.
Ariana Grande's concerts at London's 02 Arena on Thursday and Friday have not yet been postponed or cancelled although the venue said it is in contact with promoters about a final decision.
Belfast Telegraph Digital