George Michael abandons bail bid
A bail application on behalf of pop star George Michael has been cancelled, a court spokeswoman said.
Lawyers acting on behalf of the singer were due to apply for bail before a judge at Blackfriars Crown Court.
But a court spokeswoman said: "The bail application has been abandoned."
The 47-year-old, whose real name is Georgios Panayiotou, was jailed on Tuesday for eight weeks after crashing his Range Rover while high on cannabis.
He was found slumped at the wheel of the car after it smashed into a branch of Snappy Snaps in north London in July.
Michael, who has a previous conviction for the same offence, was told by District Judge John Perkins there was no option but jail.
The former Wham! star admitted driving while unfit through drugs and possessing two cannabis cigarettes when he appeared at London's Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court last month.