Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Girl, three, freed after getting hands trapped in toy vending machine

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service said it took about an hour to free the youngster.

Firefighters had to free a three-year-old girl after the youngster got both hands trapped in a toy vending machine.

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service said it was one of the more unusual calls it answered over the bank holiday weekend.

Crews from Stapleford were called to the Matalan store in Chilwell, Nottingham, to aid the stricken girl on Monday.

bpanews_158ca659-6ae0-4936-9ea7-c30b3dfa830e_embedded668401
Dismantled

Fire service acting watch manager Pete Hopkins said: “This was a challenging entrapment, with a distressed little girl.

“She managed to wedge both her hands fully in the vending machine.

“We used lots of equipment (including the odd cuddle) to free her without injury.”

The youngster was freed without injury after about an hour.

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph