Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Harry and Meghan mostly removed from William and Kate’s charity website

The Sussexes broke away from the Cambridges to set up their own foundation.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge during the first Royal Foundation Forum (Chris Jackson/PA)
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge during the first Royal Foundation Forum (Chris Jackson/PA)

By Laura Elston, PA Court Reporter

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have finally been mostly removed from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s Royal Foundation website.

Harry and Meghan split from the joint charity in June, after they broke away to set up their own Sussex Royal organisation.

The updated site now features images of William and Kate on its homepage and the new name the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, rather than its previous title including the four royals.

bpanews_8aa593d8-b10d-4bd0-9626-16602a9bb36c_embedded2890454
The Royal Foundation’s new homepage (PA)

It outlines its five main themes of work as mental health, early years, wildlife conservation, young people and the armed forces community.

The Sussexes’ new charity is expected to have a global outreach, linked to Africa and the US, and a commitment to female empowerment.

The reworked website features just profiles of William and Kate, and mainly images of the Cambridges.

bpanews_8aa593d8-b10d-4bd0-9626-16602a9bb36c_embedded2890885
William and Kate’s profiles (Royal Foundation/PA)

Some photos of Harry and Meghan remain, including in connection with the Endeavour Fund Awards and the duchess’s Together Cookbook.

The charity officially changed its name from the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in August.

The Sussexes’ decision to leave the charity followed reports of a rift, first between Kate and Meghan, then between future king William and his younger brother.

Sources at the time denied there was a feud, saying it was “largely about preparing both couples for their future roles, which are obviously on divergent tracks”.

bpanews_8aa593d8-b10d-4bd0-9626-16602a9bb36c_embedded2890800
The previous entry on the Royal Foundation website (PA)

William, Kate, Harry and Meghan’s joint venture was intended to harness the star power of the quartet of high-profile royals.

They were dubbed the Fab Four after taking to the stage together at the first – and so far only – Royal Foundation forum in London in February 2018.

At the time, Harry said “working as family does have its challenges”, but insisted “we’re stuck together for the rest of our lives”.

When the split was announced, it was said both couples would continue to work together in the future, including on the Heads Together mental health campaign.

The four royals narrated an advert, released on Monday, launching the Every Mind Matters campaign – an initiative from Public Health England and the NHS to empower people to manage the early symptoms of poor mental health.

PA

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph