Havers quits I'm A Celebrity jungle
Actor Nigel Havers has walked out of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! following a row about the jungle tasks.
The 59-year-old, who has been complaining about the treatment of the contestants, was an unlikely celebrity to appear on the show when his name was announced earlier this month.
He has become the first of this year's celebrities on the ITV1 show, who include Shaun Ryder, Linford Christie and Gillian McKeith, to quit.
On Sunday night's show, the smoothie actor made it clear that he was unhappy with the latest task, in which he and the other celebrities should receive a mild electric shock.
After threatening to quit, he had a heated exchange with producers and technical staff but was eventually persuaded to return. But Havers grumbled that he would not stay on the show if he was forced into the camp's jail and made to wear a prison-style black and white striped outfit.
Havers, known for his roles in shows such as The Charmer and Dangerfield, as well as a recent stint as a gentleman escort in Coronation Street, said it would not be suitable for a man who was almost 60 to do such things.
Speaking just days before entering the jungle, Havers acknowledged that his fans might have been surprised to see him on the show, and said the decision had caused discord in his marriage.
He said then that his wife Georgiana Bronfman, whom he married in 2007, was incensed about him taking part and was fleeing to Africa for the show's duration.
Havers said: "My wife is furious I am doing it. She said 'I might not be back when you come out'. She did everything she could to dissuade me not to do it. She can't believe I am that stupid."
During Sunday night's show, nutritionist McKeith fainted live on television when she learned she had been chosen to do the "Unfairground" trial. Doctors checked her over and decided she had suffered an anxiety attack and Olympic gold medal winner Christie stepped in to tackle the bugs.