Three lottery winners have proved they are not so lucky after all after failing to claim their million pound prizes.
Camelot said the prizes in the EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle had gone unclaimed for more than 180 days and the money and interest generated would now go to good causes.
The prizewinners from November 12 last year were from Blackburn, Stoke-on-Trent and Ealing in west London.
The deadline to claim their cash was at 5.30pm yesterday.
A National Lottery spokeswoman said they tried hard to find the ticketholders.
She said: “To avoid this situation happening again, I would urge all National Lottery players to check their tickets on a regular basis.”