Man, 52, charged over explosives
A 52-year-old man has been charged with explosives offences.
Martin Howard Counsell was charged with making an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose, contrary to section 4 of the Explosive Substances Act (1883).
Counsell, of Brooklyn Road, Cheltenham, will face the town's magistrates on Friday morning, Gloucestershire Police said.
A 31-year-old man arrested at the same time has been released without charge, a force spokeswoman said.
Counsell was arrested last week following the discovery of material in a garage in Buttermere Close, Up Hatherley, Cheltenham.
It was found following a pre-planned search of a home in Brooklyn Road, in the Hester's Way area of the town.
Bomb disposal experts were called to the area and around 100 homes were evacuated.
Military experts carried out a controlled explosion on Saturday morning and continued to search the area.
They declared it safe on Saturday night, allowing people to return to their homes.
Both men were later re-arrested under the Terrorism Act.