Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Man appears in court over death of Holby City actor’s daughter

Ceon Broughton appeared before Poole Magistrates’ Court accused of manslaughter by gross negligence over the death of Louella Eve Fletcher-Michie.

A man has appeared in court charged with the manslaughter of Louella Eve Fletcher-Michie, who died at the Bestival music festival.

The 25-year-old daughter of former Holby City actor John Michie was found dead in a wooded area on the edge of the Bestival site at Lulworth Castle in Dorset just before 1am on September 11 last year.

Ceon Broughton, 29, of Island Centre Way, Enfield, north London, appeared before Poole Magistrates’ Court for the first time accused of manslaughter by gross negligence.

Broughton spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and British nationality during the brief hearing.

bpanews_6e347e68-8c1a-4d64-855a-d234b8678071_embedded235193610
Louella Eve Fletcher-Michie (Zoe Barling)

The court clerk said the offence was indictable only and could only be tried at the crown court before a judge and jury.

David Murray, chairman of the bench, said: “This is a straightforward case and we are sending you to Winchester Crown Court for trial on April 20.

“It will be a pre-trial hearing and you will have to be there for 9.30am to start at 10am.

“Until then you will be released on unconditional bail.”

In a statement released through Mr Michie’s agent shortly after his daughter’s death, the family said: “Our hearts are broken by this horrific tragedy.

“Louella inspired all who knew her with her joy of life. The family would like to thank everyone for their heartfelt tributes and messages.”

Ex-Coronation Street and Taggart actor Mr Michie, 61, and his wife Carol – a former Hot Gossip singer – have two other children, Daisy and Sam.

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph