Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Man charged over incident on train

A man has been charged by police over an alleged assault after a teenager was removed from a train by another passenger.

The alleged incident, which became an internet hit after it was filmed by a passenger on his mobile phone, happened at Linlithgow station, on board ScotRail's Edinburgh Waverley to Perth service on Friday December 9.

The video has received more than a million views on YouTube.

It shows a passenger, Sam Main, 19, speaking to a conductor over an alleged unpaid fare, before he was removed from the train by another passenger.

Alan Pollock, 35, from Stirling, was named locally as the man who allegedly stepped in and removed Mr Main from the train.

British Transport Police said that they had received a complaint about the incident and confirmed that Mr Pollock, who has been dubbed "The Big Man", had been charged with assault.

Mr Main has not been charged, but both men have been reported to the procurator fiscal.

A spokesman said: "British Transport Police can now confirm that a 35-year-old man from Stirling and a 19-year-old man from Falkirk are the subject of a report to the local procurator fiscal in connection with an incident on board the 9.33pm Edinburgh Waverley to Perth service, at Linlithgow on Friday December 9 2011."

A Crown Office spokesman said: "The procurator fiscal at Livingston has received reports concerning two males in connection with an incident in Linlithgow on Friday December 9 2011.

"The reports remain under consideration by the procurator fiscal."

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph