Manchester suicide bomber not acting alone, says Amber Rudd
Suspected Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi was not acting alone, Home Secretary Amber Rudd has revealed.
Ms Rudd said on Wednesday morning that it "seems likely" that others were involved.
She also revealed that Abedi was known to the authorities.
“It is somebody that they had known and I’m sure when this investigation concludes we’ll be able to find out more," she said.
Abedi, who was born in Manchester to parents of Libyan origin, is believed to have travelled to Syria and had "proven" links with Islamic State, France's interior minister has said.
Gerard Collomb told French television that both British and French intelligence services had information that Abedi had been in Syria.
The disclosure came as Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed the UK security services had been aware of the British-born 22-year-old.
"We do know that he was known up to a point to the intelligence services," she told Sky News.
"I am sure that we will get more information about him over the next few days and the next few weeks."
The blast, at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena on Monday night, killed 22 and injured 64.
Just four of the victims have been named so far including eight-year-old Saffie Rose Rousses, Olivia Campbell (15), John Atkinson (28), and Georgina Callander - thought to be 18.
According to Reuters, the Polish foreign minister has said that two Polish people who went missing after the attack are among those killed.
Ariana Grande has spoken of her devastation at the attack at her concert
Belfast Telegraph Digital