Manchester terror attack probe: Teenager released without charge
The man was arrested at Liverpool John Lennon Airport last Friday on suspicion of offences contrary to the Terrorism Act.
A 19-year-old man arrested in connection with the Manchester terror attack has been released without charge, police said.
The teenager was arrested at Liverpool John Lennon Airport last Friday on suspicion of offences contrary to the Terrorism Act.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “A 19-year-old man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences, in connection with the investigation into the attack at Manchester Arena, has been released without charge.”
Man arrested in connection with Manchester attack released without charge https://t.co/MTuNpTySgP— G M Police (@gmpolice) July 13, 2017
The spokesman said a search at a property on Thelwall Avenue in Fallowfield had concluded and police cordons had been lifted.
Twenty-three people have been arrested in connection with the investigation into the May 22 attack at Manchester Arena, which killed 22 people.
Of those, two were quickly de-arrested and 21 were released without charge.
Police have said they suspect suicide bomber Salman Abedi, 22, did not act alone.
Last week Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit (NWCTU), said that while detectives do not now think Abedi was part of a large network, they do suspect the involvement of others in the attack which had been planned for months.
He said officers were “engaged” with the authorities in war-torn Libya where Abedi’s brother, Hashem, is being held.
Mr Jackson said: “We don’t have evidence of a large network. We do however suspect others were either aware or complicit in the knowledge of this attack.”