Former Cabinet Minister David Mellor was reportedly questioned by police over an alleged racist rant at a security guard.
The QC and former Conservative MP shouted at the Polish worker for not standing directly outside his home in St Katharine Docks, the Sun reported, adding that he then clashed over the telephone with a Nepalese officer in the guard's office.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said a man, whose identity he would not confirm, was questioned under caution in May last year following an incident in March.
He said: " A 64-year-old man from Tower Hamlets was interviewed under caution by police on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence that took place on 26 March 2013 at St Katharine Docks.
"He attended an east London police station by appointment on 23 May 2013. He was not arrested. Following advice from the CPS no further action will be taken."
The news comes after Mr Mellor was recorded launching an expletive-ridden tirade at a taxi driver in the city on November 21.
Claiming the driver had not taken the quickest route to his destination he told him to "f*** off" and said: " You've been driving a cab for 10 years, I've been in the Cabinet, I'm an award-winning broadcaster, I'm a Queen's Counsel. You think that your experiences are anything compared to mine?"
Yesterday he showed remorse for his foul-mouthed rant during his first phone-in session on his LBC radio show since the incident.
Mr Mellor began the show by saying: "I can't think what possessed me to lose it with that cabbie the way I did.
"OK, I had a case but I threw it away by the way I spoke and I'm really, really sorry about that, and I especially want to apologise to you, our listeners, for trying your patience and risking my own credibility with you by speaking the way I did.
"Anyway, it's water for me at the next celebratory lunch, I've definitely made that decision."