Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Newly-wed man found wife in car wreckage after she failed to return home

By Ryan Hooper

A recently married man who went looking for his young wife after she failed to return home for the evening discovered her lifeless body when he came across a car crash, police said.

Sinead Hare, a mother-of-one, was fatally injured in what Hertfordshire Police believe was a single-car crash in St Albans on the afternoon of Sunday October 4.

However, her body was only discovered when her husband, Nathan, went to look for the missing 28-year-old.

He made the grim discovery at 1.17am on October 5. The couple had been married for just 106 days.

In a statement, her widower said: "Sinead was a gorgeous, caring, and trustworthy person, whilst also being a truly independent woman who just enjoyed having fun, and whose smile and laughter was infectious with anyone she came across.

"She was the most fantastic and dedicated mum to our beautiful daughter Orla Rose, for whom I am eternally grateful and I vow that Orla Rose will grow up knowing her mummy. I am so proud and honoured that although Sinead and I were together for almost seven years, I was able to call her my wife for 106 days.

"Sinead will always be a part of me and she has made me a better person just for knowing her. There is now a massive hole in our family due to Sinead leaving us that will never be filled.

"However, neither I, nor Orla Rose, will ever forget her. We will continue to love her forever and always."

The 28-year-old, who worked at MPL Home, was born in University College London Hospital in 1987 and grew up in Borehamwood, attending Monksmead First School, Furzehill Middle School and Hertswood Upper School.

Police said they attended reports of an accident involving one vehicle on the A414 near the junction with Potters Crouch Lane.

A police spokesman said: "For reasons unknown at this stage, the car Sinead was driving, a black Renault Clio, had left the road and overturned.

"It is believed the accident occurred during the afternoon of Sunday, October 4 and Sinead sadly passed away at the scene. Sinead was found by her husband, who had gone to look for her when she failed to return home."

In July, couple Lamara Bell and John Yuill spent three days in their crashed car after a call to police in Scotland was not properly logged. Mr Yuill died in the crash, while his partner succumbed to her injuries in hospital four days after officers discovered the wreckage.

Belfast Telegraph Digital


From Belfast Telegraph