Nine people have been charged over Tuesday's anti-G8 protests in central London, Scotland Yard said.
The Metropolitan Police had been braced for a second wave of demonstrations across the capital, but no arrests were made.
Some 56 people were held on Tuesday - one fewer than was previously released - following demonstrations which saw hundreds of riot officers out in force across London's West End.
Scotland Yard earlier urged activist groups to contact them, but said that none of the protesters have done so.
A statement said: "Officers will be deployed at key locations and also act as a flexible reserve across London that can be quickly moved to respond to any incidents.
"We continue to ask protesters to contact us and work with us. What we will continue to do is uphold people's right to protest peacefully, whilst balancing the rights of others to go about their daily business, plus uphold our duty to prevent crime and disorder."
Ed Argar, from Westminster City Council, said protesters did not have a licence to cause disruption.
He said: "Yesterday's events demonstrate that, as ever, there were a small number of people intent on turning a legitimate protest into confrontation.
"I hope any further protests around G8 pass off peacefully. We fully support the right to legitimate protest, but that is not a licence to disrupt the daily lives of residents, visitors and businesses or the right to break the law."
The 56 people were arrested for various offences including violent disorder, possession of pointed or bladed articles and a variety of public order offences, and around 1,200 officers were deployed.