No more children for Amanda Holden
Amanda Holden has revealed she is not planning to have any more children following the complicated birth of her second daughter.
The actress and Britain's Got Talent judge was "moments from death" after losing more than 13 litres of blood during the caesarean section.
She said her heart stopped for 40 seconds and it was "touch and go" whether she lived or died shortly after the birth of baby Hollie.
Holden, 41, told The Sun that her and husband record producer Chris Hughes, 39, now had the "perfect family" and were not looking to expand their brood.
"Two kids is the perfect number for me," she said. "I think we will stop at two. I think that this is what we're supposed to have. Maybe we will get some rabbits instead."
Holden added: "If I'd met Chris earlier then I probably would have wanted more children. But we had a fabulous long courtship, nice meals out and brilliant holidays and now we've got two beautiful children.
"We will never forget our little boy obviously. I said just after Hollie was born that our family is complete and I mean that. I feel so lucky that we've got where we are."
The mother-of-two started to haemorrhage after she gave birth to Hollie on January 23, one week before her due date, she revealed. Her husband was ordered from the room as doctors frantically tried to save her life.
"There was a moment where they said I had flatlined for 40 seconds, my heart stopped and I was literally moments from death. It was touch and go," Holden revealed. "As much blood as they were putting into me was going out. It just would not clot. I lost about 13-15 litres of it all-in-all. For seven minutes Chris didn't know if I was alive or dead."
Holden said she had placenta previa - a low lying placenta that prevented her from giving birth naturally - and placenta accreta - which meant her placenta was stuck to the c-section scar from the birth of her daughter Lexi, six, and the still birth of a son she suffered early last year.