Royal engagement for recovered Duke
The Duke of Edinburgh has announced his first official engagement, nearly two months since he was last seen in public.
Philip, 92, will travel to Edinburgh on Monday August 12, where he will hand out medals at the Royal Society of Edinburgh, Buckingham Palace said.
The Duke was first admitted to the London Clinic on June 6. A pre-arranged operation was carried out the next day and followed abdominal investigations.
He was discharged from the London Clinic 11 days later, when he was said to be in "good condition and good spirits", and has been recuperating since then.
At the time, Buckingham Palace said he planned to take a period of convalescence of around two months.
Philip has been an honorary fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh since 1951 - one of his oldest patronages - and has presented Royal Medals several times previously, as well as being involved in other engagements in the past.
He will present medals to Professor Sir John Cadogan, the former director of research at BP and President of the Learned Society of Wales; Professor Michael Ferguson, Dean of Research for the College of Life Sciences at The University of Dundee; and businessman Sir Ian Wood, former chairman of Wood Group Plc.
Afterwards, he will go to Balmoral, the Queen's private estate in the Scottish highlands. where he is expected to stay until October before returning to London.
A source said Philip was "continuing to make good progress" and wanted to carry out the engagement in Edinburgh as he had been committed to it for a long time.