The family of one of the men suspected of murdering a soldier in Woolwich has expressed "profound shame and distress" over the death, as a second accused killer was discharged from hospital after being shot by police.
Relatives of Michael Adebolajo, 28, released a statement sending their "heartfelt condolence" to Lee Rigby's family, and saying there is no place for violence in the name of religion. He and Michael Adebowale, 22, were both shot by police in the wake of Drummer Rigby's death after apparently charging towards armed officers.
Adebowale was discharged from hospital on Tuesday afternoon and moved to police custody.
The Adebolajo family said: "Nothing we can say can undo the events of last week. However, as a family, we wish to share with others our horror at the senseless killing of Lee Rigby, and express our profound shame and distress that this has brought to our family. We send our heartfelt condolence to Lee Rigby's family and loved ones."
They said that they "wholeheartedly condemn" terrorism, and "fully expect" that Drummer Rigby's killers will be brought to justice. The statement said: "We wish to state openly that we believe that there is no place for violence in the name of religion or politics. We believe that all right thinking members of society share this view wherever they were born and whatever their religion and political beliefs.
"We wholeheartedly condemn all those who engage in acts of terror and fully reject any suggestion by them that religion or politics can justify this kind of violence. We unreservedly put our faith in the rule of law and with others fully expect that all the perpetrators will be brought to justice under the law of the land."
Drummer Rigby was hacked to death near Woolwich barracks in south east London last Wednesday and Adebowale and Adebolajo were both arrested on suspicion of his murder. Adebowale has also been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a police officer.
So far, 10 people have been held by detectives investigating the young soldier's death, including Adebowale and Adebolajo. These include a 50-year-old man who was held in Welling, south-east London, on Monday. He has been "bailed to a later date pending further inquiries".
A 22-year-old man arrested in Highbury, north London, on Sunday and three men detained on Saturday over the killing have all been released on bail, as has a fifth man, aged 29. Two women, aged 29 and 31, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder but later released without charge.
In the wake of the attack it emerged that Adebolajo and Adebowale were both known to MI5. Adebolajo was also arrested by Kenyan authorities three years ago because they feared he was attempting to join an al Qaida-linked militant group, the country's anti-terrorism police said.