Two Britons injured in fatal bus crash in Cuba
The driver said he lost control on the road between the cities of Baracoa and Guantanamo.
Two Britons were among those injured when a bus crashed in Cuba, killing seven people, the Foreign Office has confirmed.
Five others are in a critical condition following the accident in the east on Thursday afternoon.
The bus was carrying 18 Cubans and 22 tourists from Britain, the Netherlands, France, Mexico and Canada, according to Cuban media.
Authorities have not yet named the victims.
Photographs shared on social media showed the crumpled front of a blue and white Via Azul bus, which was on its side with its windscreen smashed.
The Foreign Office confirmed two British nationals were injured on the bus, but their condition is not known.
A spokeswoman said: “We continue to seek further information from the Cuban authorities following a road traffic accident, and are ready to assist any British people who require our help.
“We are currently providing assistance to two British nationals who were injured on the bus.”
The driver said he lost control on the road between the cities of Baracoa and Guantanamo, according to Radio Guantanamo.
The incident was the fourth major bus accident in a month in Cuba, which has narrow, poorly lit, pothole-littered roads.
Last year there were 11,187 accidents, resulting in 750 deaths and 7,999 injuries.