Two charged over shop blast death
Police investigating the death of a takeaway worker who was killed in an explosion have charged two people with manslaughter.
The body of 40-year-old Fiaz Ahmed Ansari was discovered in the rubble of Kams King of the Grill, a kebab shop in Narborough Road, Leicester, on Monday.
Detectives launched a murder inquiry following the explosion, which happened in the early hours, and on Wednesday charged a man and a woman, both aged 24, with manslaughter, a force spokeswoman said.
They are both due to appear at Leicester Magistrates' Court for a preliminary hearing.
Emergency services received reports of the explosion at around 2.23am and the body of Mr Ansari was found during a site clearance later that afternoon.
The premises were demolished in the explosion, police said.
The police spokeswoman said a post-mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death has not been released, nor has the cause of the explosion which is currently under investigation.
Officers investigating the blast have arrested seven people in connection with the incident.
A 28-year-old man is in police custody while three women and one man who were arrested earlier this week have been released with no further action, the spokeswoman said.